Blindness affects many dogs of all breeds throughout the country, in some cases due to injury or illness and in others from birth. As part of our mission, BDRA educates dog owners and the public about blind dogs.
The links below may also offer helpful information on blind dogs.
- Blind Dog Owners – additional resources for blind dog owners
- ASPCA Information on Dog Blindness
- PetPlace Article on Blindness in Dogs
- Living With Blind Dogs: A Resource Book and Training Guide for the Owners of Blind and Low-Vision Dogs
- Blind and Deaf Dog Guidebook – A helpful guide to all aspects of life with blind dogs
- Words of Encouragement from blind dog owners (PDF)
- Blind Dog Training – Tips and ideas for working with blind dogs
- Information on SARDS
- Blind Dog Locations – Find other blind dog owners near you!
- Animals with Diabetes support group